View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
You're a real piece of work, I give you that. Why you are so intent on defending a guy that has welshed on his obligations left and right is beyond me, and frankly it's a little disturbing. Yet you have no problem attacking somebody who is only acting in the best interest of everybody on the forum. Real nice.
I'm not defending him from welshing on his obligations, as you would have it. I'm defending him from your own false allegations. You only think you're acting in the best interests of the forum. But it's not in the best interests of forum. That's why your ideas were rejected.

Quote:
I offered to host the list only so Net 54 wouldn't be exposed to any liability. That is the only reason. I would have given admin access to Leon and the mods. Some other people (people that aren't paranoid) might think, "that's cool. He's trying to help other board members by providing a list of Ebay buyers and sellers that are scamming people, or backing out on obligations they have voluntarily entered into". But not you. "Oooooh, Bill Gregory is making a power play." Really? Well, don't worry. The list isn't going to happen as the majority voted against it. I could care less would have been on it. People could have chosen to look at it if they wanted to, or they could have ignored it altogether. As I have already shown, other forums do it. SCF has a list of hundreds of people on their homepage. I suppose the mods use that as a "power trip", too, right? Or maybe they're just trying to protect their members.
Well, obviously the SCF list hasn't done a damned thing to stop corruption in the hobby. Nothing could be more clear than that. No one can know your true motivations except you. But I do know that you've made false allegations against Adrian and that you offered to be in control of a list that would have Adrian on it.

Quote:
And where have I used my health issues to pass off inflammatory comments? The only reason I posted anything about my leg being broken and subsequent surgery was your absurd assertion that I am not a pre-war collector because you don't see me buying cards, or in your mind, I'm not buying enough. Adrian used his health (and several other things) as justification for his abhorrent behavior. I'm not using my health as an excuse for anything. I pay my bills. I meet my obligations.
Someone can own a lot or a little amount of cards and still be a troll. Bruce Dorskind was a troll and he had a phenomenal collection. But it's possible for someone who is a troll to buy a few cards in order to claim they are a collector. I do know that you tend to write inflammatory posts, as I've outlined earlier, and that a lot of the threads you've created have been off-topic. Those are two primary characteristics of a troll. My view is that you used the talk of your knee and the associated photos to gain sympathy for yourself and distract from the matter at hand.