View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Default An interesting twist on insured sales

Posted By: kyle lentine

I was sending in some cards so SGC to be graded and wanted them to be sent next day and insured for $5,000.
The woman at the counter said "next day comes with $500 insurance and if you dont mind me asking, What are you shipping?"
I told her they were baseball cards and were very valuable. She then told me that if the cards were lost the post office would NOT pay the insurance on these items. If the were damaged they might, but there may be a problem. She said she works with postal insurance claims daily and that paper type items and documets would be paid to be reprinted but not necessarily the value to replace them. I would have to produce a receipt of PUCHASE on the items (especially if they were lost) not just the book value of them and actually prove what I had paid on them. She told me when that much insurance is involved how does the post office know the items were acutally in the package, or the actual condition of the items being sent?
She said I could spend the money for that much insurance but she would almost guarantee if the package was LOST they would not pay on a $5000 dollar claim. She said she know this from experience to be true!!
So basically they will take your money on a high dollar item but may or may not make good on the insurance