View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 07:07 AM
James

Default where is this going?

I know David pretty well, regularly seeing him at White Plains shows. He's a personable guy that is always trying to learn more about the hobby. Over time, he has become much more knowledgeable and started a collection, sometimes buying from the local dealers. As you can imagine, being a Forbes writing contributor on a hobby does not generate a living wage but allows him to earn some money in a field -- journalism -- he has spent his entire career in. I'm grateful that David has drawn some incremental attention to the hobby. It benefits most of us. As to whether or not he is supplementing his non-livable wage income with PWCC payments, as this video insinuates, there is zero evidence of that. Even in the case that it is true, I personally could give a shiit. It's trivial in the scheme of things. It's David's employers decision to judge the content of his articles and their reception by his audience. Targeting him as a potential bad guy is off base and feels like a misguided extension of a legitimate huge problem that needs to be addressed in the hobby.

Let's focus on the big institutions and the really bad actors, not unfounded insinuations about decent individuals challenged to get by in life that are well liked and respected by the hobbyists who know them. I hope this thread dies soon before it goes off the rails.

Last edited by griffon512; 06-22-2019 at 05:49 PM.