View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Default So do you think this is a Baseball Image

Posted By: mr. moses

looks not too tough Take that number "9" and mix in the 2 guys what is wearing dem bib-front uniformz - a few sets of matching socks - and voila! baseball........ NOT an expert on this sort of thing just a general thought or two - early days there was little difference other than at times an identifying belt - buckle - silk between the uniform of the ball player and a fireman. Also it would be quite unusual for equipment NOT to be seen as it isn't a formal photograph or composite - etc.. It is possible that 2 or more baseball players are in fact in this photograph. Maybe prior to some base ball sponsored social event (picnic, dance or something). I honestly didn't take more than a minute or 2 to look at the photo. More could be suggested by what they are sitting on or the style of clothes they are wearing. I can't see the pic as I type this but don't recall seeing any women there. Many more here in the know than I. Sure they will help.

judge a man on the way he runs the bases
the friends he keeps
and the hole cards he plays.

I surmise guys with canes would be a favored baseball opponent.

(edited to add wagon and bystanders suggest some sort of parade or celibration. Much of the wheeled item is obscured from view but might be fire related - although the focus appears to be all on the gentleman and not some specific event or entity like the Eirie fire company or the sanitorium base ball club or the NEW and improved fire truck.)