View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Default NY Times article today about Ebay counterfeiting problem

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

I agree with Cat on the points that he made in an earlier post about how to inprove eBay with one exception and a couple of things I would like to see added myself.
I like the idea of Cat's #5 but I'm a little uneasy with having the final price I paid for all the auctions I have won b/c overtime it would be to easy for a thief to go thru and find people that make high dollar purchases thru eBay and then request that person's contact information and then scope him/her out and take what they want from the person when they are away. Basically robbing you blind b/c they have a very good idea of what you have at home. I know it's being very parnoid but with one of my experiences it has made me change the way I buy on eBay.

Things I would like to see changed on eBay:

1. For items that will go over a set amount make the seller add his/her ebay id on a written piece of paper to ensure that the scan is not stolen.

2. Make ebay in charge of feedback. If a sell doesn't go thru for what ever reason ebay leaves the feedback such as buyer did not pay. Seller did not ship item etc. I would hope this would make a feedback rating more accurate since people would not be scared of ruining there feedback rating b/c someone is dishonest.

3. Ebay gets rid of 1 cent auctions entirely. Too many people are getting there feedback rating b/c of using this methoid to boost there score before they sale anything and it's not a truely honest feedback.

4. A seller has to be very well establised in the eBay community before a seller can list auctions that bring in large amounts of money. Just b/c I'm tired of seeing a $25,000 card trying to be sold by someone with a feedback under 5.

I'll get off my rant now.