View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Aaron Rothschild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernieto View Post
Sadly on Ebay sellers and buyers sometimes do not follow through on their commitments.
Your transaction was cancelled and you were refunded. I do not believe any court in the land would consider you were robbed. I agree what the seller did was unfair and wrong, but within the world of Ebay I do not see the crime as far as your involvement is concerned.

To me there is a difference between theft and "welching" on a deal and the latter does not need notification to law enforcement and AH's.
Since you don't actually believe the card is stolen I'm not sure why you would tell TPG's & AH's that it is stolen.

If I see the card I will let you know
Paul
Thanks for keeping an eye out for the card.

I think I am being misunderstood:

1. I do not believe the card was stolen

2. I believe the seller welched on the deal

3. I am telling these places it was "stolen" because that is what the seller reported to me. I am sticking only to the "facts" provided to me by the seller.

4. Agreed, if the seller had told me, "hey, I got a higher offer and I'm not honoring our deal." I wouldn't be reporting anything.

5. That said, the seller informed me of a crime, theft, which should be reported.

My actions are the result of the seller telling me what is most likely a lie. Truth or fabrication it is what I was told. If it was true, now the seller can work with the police to recover the property. If it was false then they can explain to everyone who questions them about the card what happened.

The point is, we as collectors and guardians of this great hobby should protect it and make those who would treat it improperly have consequences to their actions.

"Do no harm, but take no shit."