View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
OP - I think youll get killed at an auction house, they take 20% bud.

If you go that route I would go with a smaller AH so your cards can be front and center, selling singles and I believe Sterling only takes 10% and Lee has a good name. In the bigger venues I fear they'd get lost in the shuffle and you want someone that focuses on that era, vintage guys will just blow by those as I do. If they are as nice as you say then they need their own audience.

Also...the BST here can fulfill a lot of needs, just be transparent and up front...but this place can go crickets as well if no one is beating your door down. Real high grade 50s stuff should sell themselves...
Hi Steven,

I had a nearly complete set of W572 strip cards and Heritage charged me 5%. REA also was only going to charge 10%. And as it was an unusual collection, Love of the Game would have done it for free. I went with the big name in auctions and did as I expected so I am quite happy. I do have some other stuff that I am ready to consign so I probably will go with LOTG or REA as it is not as critical that I get big numbers for what I have. It just depends but nobody charged 25%.