View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 12:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Thanks Leon, I assumed they weren't paper thin, just never had a chance to hold a raw version of both in hand at the same to to really compare. What I've always felt/seen was that the W575-1s were more likely than not to be hand cut or trimmed when you see them, while an authentic Koester Bread card would normally be the listed dimensions of about 2" X 3-1/4". Listed as a "W" card, the W575-1s are considered "strip" cards but, not really sure if they came in strips/sheets for people to cut up. If so, that would definitely make sense for all the badly cut trimmed ones you normally see.

In the OP's case, he's just fortunate to have had the Mays spelling error card in the trio he acquired. Since Koester specifically only chose the Giant/Yankee players to be on the cards they distributed, you assume they would have paid attention to which cards they selected to give away, and obviously not made the mistake of handing out Mays cards with his last name misspelled. Without that Mays error card, it would not be so easy to determine if his cards were W575-1s or Koester Bread cards otherwise.
Hi Bob
Not sure you saw these before? These are W575-1s and are blank backed. These weren't distributed as strips as can be seen by the packaging.They are all exactly the same size, though the scan of 9 is disproportionate, and were not hand cut. I can't say for sure about any others. I suspect they were issued different ways but lean towards packaging like this. SGC graded them and told me they were not hand cut in their opinion. They put handcut on the flip and later said to send them back to revisit the designation. I haven't done it yet. But they acknowledged they are not hand cut. In hand, and holding the whole stack, they are spot on, on size in relation to each other. They fit in the cellophane pack perfectly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pw575group1.jpg (73.3 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg pw575group2.jpg (77.5 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg pw575group3.jpg (74.5 KB, 187 views)