Thread: Mastro and Psa
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro and Psa

Posted By: Scott Elkins

that make complete sense! After reading your post, I can see where I was at fault actually. At the time, I was getting out of the Hobby and didn't really care to be truthful, as long as I got my money back. However, when the President of an auction house contacts you and asks you to let them do something to your card that is in their auction, you must assume that they are serious and sent the "Big Gun" to "pursuade" you. If I had not agreed, they were in control - they could have "accidently" misidentified the card or anything. Again, I never even thought of any alterations, as I thought the card would sell better with the stain on the reverse. However, I do see Al's point here and appreciate his post. I guess I am somewhat to blame for agreeing to Doug (I have to admit Doug is a great salesperson however - he sold me on the idea and even went into detail how removing something from the card was not altering - I actually fell for his presentation!). I will take responsibility for agreeing to Doug's request - looking back, I should have said no. However, I do feel there is some blame to be placed on Mastro and Doug Allen in this situation as well. Afterall, they were the Masterminds who thought of altering the card and they were the ones who altered the card.

I guess the best way to look at this would be from a legal standpoint - say, a murder. In this situation, Doug asks me if it is OK to kill my friend and talks me into saying yes. I eventually say Yes and Doug kills my friend. I am somewhat guilty in the situation, but it was not my idea nor me pulling the trigger. Again, I will be man enough to admit that I said Yes and I should NOT have agreed to let Mastro alter my card, but I didn't think of the crime, nor did I pull the trigger, so I still don't believe I am as guilty in the crime as Mastro nor Doug Allen. Al, you are correct, I should have said no, and am to be blamed as well!

Jim - you are correct. I did say I had no proof to my opinion on the Cobb with Cobb Back "Proof". I still don't have any proof - it was my opinion b/c it is SOOOOOOOOO much different from the other known examples (I didn't even know who owned the card when I made the statement, nor did it really matter). BTW - I thought posting e-mails was a no-no on this board!?!? If not, I guess I have quite a few I wouldn't mind posting sometime!