View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Default Couple quick board topics.....BST ??

Posted By: Joann

I think that if every transaction on BST is subject to open comments as to price too high, price too low, etc. it may not chill the discussion but at some point might chill the use of BST.

Not all card values are that well set or well known, especially among newer collectors. If I have to think that I'm open to "doh!" kinds of comments, well intended or not, I'd probably just head to ebay. As a buyer or seller. Even as a buyer on ebay you are not at risk for quite so much singling out, since at least one other person had to think the card was worth almost as much as you did.

And it's absolutely correct that ebay and other auction prices are routinely dissected on this board. But that's different - often a consignor isn't known, and not all ebay id's are from here either. It's a far more anonymous process. And even if the ebay price was low - well tough day on ebay. It happens. That's far different from a seller establishing a price and then finding out publicly, in the exact same area he made the sale, that it was way too low.

This does happen on BST now and then - and certainly isn't meant in any bad way by anyone, I don't think. But no one wants to feel like they got gouged or gave something away in public.

In my case - I'd actually appreciated any feedback as to the sales price I set. It's how I learn. I'd just prefer that the feedback be private.

Joann