View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Fellow Floridian here (Jacksonville) a ways up north but we are still going to get a whaling. Put a bunch of my collection that isnt in the bank safety deposit boxes in giant plastic bins or just tossed cardboard boxes into giant Hefty trash bags..... riding it out with water, flashlights, Raman noodles, charcoal grill, and some hotel reservations for AFTER the storm in case we are out of power for an extended period......after living here 32 years now, I can tell you the waiting is very hard, the storm usually not as bad, the aftermath variable between almost nothing and totally sucks..... last fall with Matthew we had trees down all over the place in our area, power lines on the ground, one tree bopped our house but not too bad, the next door neighbors got one right through the roof to the tune of about 100k. No power for a week..... but theres been others where we went right back to normal in a day...... seems kind of random. Anyhow from one crazy pack rat collector of anything sports for over 50 years..... God Bless all in the path and I know I speak for everyone in Florida when I say thank you everyone for your prayers and support ! And thanks for all the great posts with card pictures and research to all the posters in Net54 the greatest baseball card website in the world!!