View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Jay Cee

Sniping services cost money to use and I only use them if the item I want is above a certain amount. Other items I put in my high bid and let it ride.

I guess I'm more on the lazy side where I'd rather have an EBay auction company like PWCC sell my consignments. I'd rather send them a box of cards that they can open up, take the picture, give it a title, a quick description, answer any questions about it during the auction, collect the money from the buyer, package the item, ship the item, leave feedback, pay the eBay fees, pay the PayPal fees, and then pocket roughly 2 to 5 percent for their effort. I'm OK with that.

I've consigned to PWCC at the National this year for my first time. Earlier in the year I won nice looking Pafko 52 Topps from another auction company. I had roughly 430.00 in the card and it sold in PWCC for around 150.00. Plus, it got left out of their bigger auction and after I reminded them about it, I was told that they wanted to run it later to make it stick out more. I guess that made sense somewhat, so I let them do it.

I've also won items from PWCC where there were mass bid retractions which left me the high bidder from my bid days earlier. I will say that Brent gave me the option to back out or take the card. I took the card.

My hunch is PWCC most likely didn't look at the close date, because most years November 8 is just another night. I think if any of the consignors notified PWCC and alerted them that they didn't want their consignments ending on Election night that they would pull it and run the next cycle.

Last edited by BeanTown; 11-12-2016 at 10:43 PM.