View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 04:24 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer View Post
Resurrecting the thread because I found it intriguing. To put things in perspective, there are already significantly more graded Gem Mint McDavid YGs than 1990 OPC Premier Jagr rookies (BGS+PSA). McDavid is an extraordinary talent, but he may never get close to Jagr's accomplishments. $80 vs. $400. Seems like an easy decision for me.
I don't know with a 100% certainty, but I'd bet the Jagr rookie numbers are in the thousands.
I pulled this one straight from a pack and put it in its current holder back when the collecting/junk wax craze was rampant and I know many others did as well.

Not saying there isn't a ton of McDavid rc's available, but, imo, there likely is Jagr's as well, if not more?
Currently PWCC has 5 Jagr 10's up for auction (that I seen) and depending on the prices realized, there will be a whole lot more coming out soon, imo.

But, like you, I also don't get the current prices of current players when so many proven, HOF's cards exist that can be had for less money, but I guess it boils down to who's popular and who isn't?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Justice, Jagr, Ryan, Frank.jpg (74.3 KB, 101 views)