View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Collection Stolen - Houston, TX

Posted By: Jason Smith

Along with my cards, my laptop was also stolen, so I had no way to read all these replies last night. I really appreciate the outpouring of sympathy and the hope you give me that sometime the cards will resurface. Hopefully the theives don't know what to do with the cards and will make a mistake with them like putting them up on ebay or something like that. They definitely just tripped on the cards which were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Another couple of closets went untouched and one of those had a couple of WWII guns in them. Aside from having them on the registry I don't publicize the cards, though it is conceivable that someone could have known. I assume this to be theives who were looking for jewelry and found none, but found these interesting cards and thought they should just take them. I will subscribe to vintage card prices and use that as a guide over Beckett or SMR and possibly have some of you as references if the insurance adjusters don't believe me.

I will get the card serial numbers to the police as you said. Maybe they do know who will be the likely buyers for this kind of thing.

I have contacted Houston Numesmatic (sp?) Exchange and have tried to call some other dealers in Houston and will keep the registry current. I have talked to PSA and they will contact the police if anyone tries to register the cards.

Thanks again. Though I am really devistated right now, it feels good to know you guys are out there.
Jason