View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 10:47 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunder19 View Post
a quick note on johnnys values.. he told me years ago to start buying yellow brown scraps at $400-$600 and now they sell at $1700-$2000. he told me to buy ghosts at $2200 and now they sell at $6K-$11K...

does he overvalue these cards sometimes.. yes... but he has been right way more times then he has been wrong. .. and yes i do believe that REA has more action then HA... some people didnt even know HA ended lot by lot.. people could have signed on at 2am EST thinking they would get a bid in on the matty or the brown OM only to see they ended hours earlier..

IMO i think both went at good prices for the buyers.. didnt a brown old mill just sell in the spring REA auction for $24K? that would make this brown old mill with a ghost image of cy young worth more in my opinion.
+1, I agree with Jamie. Johnny is more of an expert on t206 scrap than most on this board and I've enjoyed reading and learning from his threads. So he missed on his estimates on these two cards. I don't think the market for scrap is a fad and it's not going away. What I've learned over the years is that t206 is a completely different beast than other sets so you can't compare scrap in this set with other sets. A lot of folks collect different backs and want to add a scrap to complete their "type" collection for t206, and there are a LOT of t206 collectors. To try to cut Johnny down like this is completely childish and flat out wrong.

Last edited by glchen; 08-14-2015 at 10:48 PM.