View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Default Hall of Fame collectors

Posted By: Paul

I've got 'em all, or as close as you can get. I was down to one (McPhee) when the recent class of Negro Leaguers was elected. I picked up McPhee and all of the newly elected Negro Leaguers except for Pete Hill. As soon as Matt is foolish enough to give me a spare key to his house, the Pete Hill will be mine!

Aside from Pete Hill, you could argue that I also need the following (with my excuses in parentheses):

Mallorquina Bill Foster (known to exist only in uncut sheet form, so I figure it doesn't really count as a card).

G&B Al Spalding (I like to believe he was elected as a pioneer player, not an executive, so this doesn't count)

I genuinely would like to upgrade my T204 Burkett to a W600, since the T204 shows him as a minor league player manager, rather than a major leaguer.

For those of you striving for true completion, remember that Hugh Jennings was elected as a player. If you want a card when he was a player (and not just making token appearances while a manager) you either need his Alpha or the 1902 W600 showing him at the end of his playing career with the Phillies.

Incidentally, I don't count players/executives who appear only on studio cabinets or team cards, like George Wright and Henry Chadwick. Just my personal preference. That said, I'd love to own a Warren Studios Cabinet of George Wright or Al Spalding.