View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
"The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading, and Bubble Gum Book by Brendan C. Boyd and Fred C. Harris.

I have owned maybe 5 copies of this book as I'm always lending it out and it is NEVER returned! That is a sure sign of a winner! I have read this book many times and go to it often just to read passages like this one that I take liberty in splicing together:

"The day that he died (Harry Agganis) of leukemia at age 25, in 1955,......"

"But Harry Agganis? If something like this could happen to Harry Agganis then what was to become of us? What indeed?"

and these memorable lines about Ted Williams:
"In 1955 there were 77,263,127 male American human beings and every one of them in his heart of hearts would have given 2 arms, a leg, and his collection of Davy Crockett iron-on to be Teddy Ballgame.

Also as Orioles70 aptly pointed out: "Goodnight Sibby Sisti, wherever you are."

This book is an absolute treasure to those who love this hobby. Get it at all costs and enjoy!

Peace, Mike
Agree. Glad to see so many others praise it in this thread because it has always seems overlooked to me, or maybe just not as loved by some others. This book was one of the inspirations for my collecting. I recall purchasing a small number of cards from Gar Miller because his contact info was listed in the back of the book.