View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:22 PM

I sell mostly lower-priced items (like, start most auctions or BIN for 1-4 card lots at $1.99 w/ free shipping). I ship all of those via PWE and have NEVER had one get damaged in shipping. I've had a few claims of lost in the mail, but it's a handful out of 1,000+ transactions.

I print a packing slip, put the card in a top loader, then tape the top loader shut AND tape the top loader to the packing slip (so it doesn't slide around). If i'm selling a multi-card lot, I put the first card in an top loader, the others in penny sleeves, then put the whole lot (up to 4 cards) in a team set bag, seal it, and tape down as I do with the top loader.

I've never had anyone complain, and never had anyone ask to pay for bubble mailer. I think most people realize if they're paying $2 for a card/lot, the seller isn't going to spend $3.50 to ship it to them, and that it's not worth it for the buyer to pay $3.50 to ship a $2 card.

I have seen a few questionablely packaged PWE's over the years. Most of what I buy now is graded or unopened materials, which obviously always ship in a bubble mailer or box.