View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 03:12 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
^^^ and Greg….I meant to ask what your “solutions” were for oversized (e.g. your Athletics) pennants. I seem to remember poster sized toploaders and/or some heavy vinyl you bought. I don’t want to go through pages and pages of HPG to find your posts. I also seem to remember Mark said the frames meant to hold (3) 8x10 photos would work. If need be, I’d cut “windows” on the back side to show the labels.
Sure. The heavy vinyl was a flop. I had to tape both edges and over time they sagged and the tape slid. I eventually replaced all of them with poster toploaders which give me one existing rigid edge that I use for the bottom edge, and I tape the top. Big success. I am able to get two large pennant holders from one $20 40” toploader. Only one of my oversized exceeds that, I have a 42” Cubs and had to put on an “extension” at the tip. I use photo toploaders for framing my minis, a guillotine paper cutter comes in real handy as does invisible wrapping tape. The Athletics above came from a 40” toploader.

I have also used smaller poster toploaders for custom fitting smaller 8x26 pennants that look odd in the normal sizes holders. I’ve also trimmed standard pennant holders to size.

Last edited by thetahat; 02-24-2023 at 03:14 PM.