View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 09:05 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Imagine

Imagine a stock broker, who doesn't give a damn about the stock he is selling, and only focuses on his commission.

Imagine an attorney, who doesn't give a damn about the verdict, and only works for his contingency or retainer.

Imagine a politician, who cares less about his constituents than re-election and selling influence.

Imagine a fast food chain, that gladly complies with doubling the minimum wage and then has to resort to cutting its workforce using robots in order to remain solvent.

Then

Imagine a baseball card collector with a passion for his collection, who uses the hobby as an escape from all of the above, who buys wisely and ultimately can sell fairly to another younger collector, breaking even or even realizing a small profit.

There are more than a few of us in this category on the forum. There are others who are not.

I'm not dissing all brokers, attorneys, politicians, hamburger flippers and card flippers, but to suggest that the true card collector and the quick flipper are in the same category is a fallacy in my opinion.

I do reserve the right to be called a tortoise flipper though as I upgrade my collection.

I rest my case, your honor.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.