View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 08:06 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
People to choose to spend their money on different shit. Charles Merkel is loaded. If you look at his set it is filled with 10's.

I choose to spend money on wrestling cards. Something most don't. My wife likes ridiculously expensive shoes and purses. Many would argue both are dumb ways to spend your money but to each their own.

Who knows if he is even bidding but judging by the fact there are now 15 bidders this card isn't flying under the radar that is for sure.
One word: Registry. I cannot lie -- that was a brilliant idea. PSA creates a market for cards that it apparently cannot even grade accurately, at least based on the examples shown here, and then justifiably relies on the egos of people who: A) have much more money than sense; and B) buy the flip, not the card. Ingenious. I wish I had thought of that because it is literally the perfect scam. People feel good about falling for it and actually get recognized by PSA for doing so. How much better could it possibly get? When I see an otherwise $10 card going for 4 or 5 figures because there is a dick-measuring contest going on, it always makes me laugh. Again, whatever. If you have stupid money, I guess you are entitled to be stupid.