View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
People who are selling things are not usually quick to hide their goods. The junk shop dealer selling crap for $300 and who is hesitant to show you the rest of the cards that he has for sale? Something here is fishy, and at the very least it is more trouble than it's worth. I'd stay away. If you're looking for nice vintage cards, you can get them on BST here, and if you know what you're doing you can head over to eBay. But not going back to a junk shop selling junk sounds like a pretty smart move.
I guess I'm a glutton for the punishment. I can't help but think what could be hidden away in the 10(!) storage lockers he has. Says he has over 4.5 million cards. I have seen one locker, I did get to explore the first ten feet or so of it. It was a 40 foot deep unit. Cards as far back as 1971 (both baseball and football only, no other sport...) were uncovered. They were not in the most desirable condition however.

His main store has stuff piled on top of other stuff. If he has as many cards as he says, he just has no room to show them. I'll take a picture of the place to share.