View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, so here are my current thoughts:

4) I'm surprised the winner of the auction has not come on here or been identified. I'm wondering if PWCC will contact them directly and at least inform them of the thread and the likely decrease in value of this card in the future, and give the buyer the option to return the card. I realize this would hurt the consignor of the card, who is a member of this board.

5) I was glad that PWCC claimed to have the card re-inspected by PSA, but the timeline doesn't really add up unless they happened to do walk-through service and hand-delivered the card to PSA. Was the card given a new case and Cert number; if so, that would require the addition of a new set of scans uploaded to the auction. PSA claims that toning is not highly evaluated when scoring a card, unless it is uneven or causes an eyesore. I believe this card (if unaltered) could be a 7, since they are lenient on centering. Oddly enough, it probably couldn't be a 6.5. It could have also been knocked to a 7(MK) or a 5 due to the light stains on the back top.
Spin.. The winner of the 36WW DiMaggio was instructed by Brent to win the card. This could be a close friend or family member. This is why Cortney was told to make higher bids as it wòuld better for the public to see multiple bidders on it. Brent knew Cortney would not win it for this reason. Since all hell broke out on this card during the auction (this Net54 thread) , I'm sure Brent wanted this card to disappear for many reasons for a long time.

Plus, the ending price worked out just about perfect for John the consignor of the card to PWCC where he broke even or up 1k from his purchase price from Goldin.

So, the perfect storm for Brent was this card returning to PWCC to be sold. Then, this thread started which educated Cortney whose lack of research of the card came to light. Cortney had a great mutual business relationship with Brent over 5 years and that all came to an end, as it's easy to read his bias to Brent.

It's safe to say this card won't be seen for many years to come and if it does I can't wait to see how the auction company discloses the murky history of it.

Agreed, the timeline does not add up and there's was no visual evidence that this occurred. The card should have a qualifier on it with the numerical grade. I am disappointed that PWCC didn't add to their description about the history once this thread started, but we all know why now. I'm also surprised no one spotted this in the Goldin auction. I see PWCC uses the word "Completeness" on other cards to be accurate.

Bottom line is I like Brent and think they are professional and have a great team. I see the same pattern forming that happened to Doug Allen who I used to be close to. I think his success along with greed caught up to him and then being around the wrong type of people. Doug Allen/John Rogers..... Brent/Cortney. Best advice to everyone is just keep doing what got you there and pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.

Last edited by BeanTown; 02-18-2017 at 11:49 AM.