View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Chris- Two thoughts. I agree it is odd when someone with no financial or bidding interest outs a lot. I don't know what their motivation is other than draw attention to themselves, I guess.

Second, people can out their own consignments on the board, if I read your comment correctly. THere is a section on BST to do that, either lots one has on ebay or with an auction house.

Ideally, it's probably best not to out. But how realistic is it to assume you found something on ebay and nobody but you saw it? I think people find most of these things eventually. Sure, you may miss a chance to buy something but you will have plenty of other opportunities down the road.

Barry, in reference to your last paragraph, I think it happens more than you think. I find items all the time that are poorly listed and sometimes I’m the only bidder. I don’t think Chris is saying no one else will find it, but if you find a hidden gem, would you rather be bidding against 5 people or 500?

And I’m not all for ripping people off, but if people inherit items, why aren’t they expected to do some due diligence to find out if they’re selling something of value. With all that’s out there on the internet, it’s really not that difficult.