View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozumeleno View Post
Agree - meant to say that non-set collectors don't care about those cards as much as Cobb. I think that's why the Cobb has overtaken those - a lot more people would rather have a HOFer than a team variation. I could still see those cards overtaking the Cobb at some point based on the rarity but Cobb is clearly ahead right now.
I don’t think green Cobb will fall behind in this race. Demand has higher weight than scarcity. I think our hobby will evolve as it has been trending. If you take a look at modern, there are no set collectors, everyone wants the key card from the best set. All else aren’t worth as much.

Who do you think we will pass the torch to? Collectors who collected modern that turned vintage. You see that star card phenomenon in post war cards. But set collecting in prewar is still popular because those that collect prewar love the history and the collecting Chase. That said, as more prewar collectors get added to the group, the more modern collecting vintage will become. So I definitely I think this is more of an hobby evolution versus a trend.