View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 03:06 PM

Thanks for the input Steve. I've been at it for about 30 years...took an interest about the time the mac came out, so everything was just converting to digital when I started. I held more than a few exacto knives doing paste-up during those conversions from film to digital. I'm the graphic design department here and jump in when the prepress department needs help. Our presses are all heidelbergs that occupy about 25K square feet each...way to sophisticated for me to even think about jumping in to help in that dept.

What got me thinking about these cards was the lack of images online I could find of this particular team/year. When I sat down to google them I figured I would find tons of hits, but boy was I wrong...that made me think they must've been pretty small print runs.

I actually stumbled onto the cards while shopping for some non-related items on shopgoodwill.com. Their age and sepia tint caught my eye so I picked them up for a song and was intrigued by them when they arrived. Love the bios on the backs of the cards....who knew that Jim Harwell was "an ardent pipe smoker and surely loves to brouse (typo on the card) around tobacco shops during his off time looking for new blends"!!