View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I believe SGC has two people grade the card independently to arrive at the grade.
Matt when I took my trip up to SGC for my T205 johnson and others to be graded they had 3 graders look at the cards before arriving at a final grade. They were very attamint about having this many guys there because they wanted to make sure the grade given was accurate. Maybe not all the time but I know for sure this time they did. Although SGC is not perfect and sometimes more leanient than we expect I do believe they have the best process. 2 guys grade the card. If one is different than the other a third is used to decide. Some higher profile cards are graded by 3 people before a grade is given. Maybe this is why there are less problems "so to speak" than with PSA. Until things change I will continue to use SGC for everycard I grade. I will say kudos to PSA for stepping up to bat on this one but the bad still outweighs the good IMO. I also believe that PSA does use 2 graders before a grade is given. As time goes they are sure to get better, or get run out of pre-war grading over this kind of simple mistakes.

Last edited by Pup6913; 10-31-2009 at 07:26 PM.