View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:14 PM

Hello Theodore--

Do you remember when ex-fillie pitcher chris short would come to the EPSCC shows at the George Washington Lodge in Willow Grove as a collector? He told us the story of how he got back into card collecting as an adult. The house he lived in as a child in Wilmington, DE, was continuously family owned (his brother was living in the house). The brother called chris one day and said "I found our childhood card collection in the house. Do you want the cards or should I give them to the trashman?" Chris recovered the cards and resumed collecting. As an adult coming to card shows (by this time he was retired as a player) he was trying to collect all fillie cards (mostly from the 1950's) and we were able to help him reach his goal. One time chris had signed on to be an autograph guest at an EPSCC show on Saturday afternoon starting at 2 PM. He showed up first thing in the morning and the promoter thought there was a screw-up until chris said "I collect cards also and want to check out the inventory of your dealers before I'm scheduled to start signing the autographs."