View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
"Wow, what dealer list with the Barnings, Lipset, Lerner and Halls Nostalgia...."

It certainly sounds like a "Who's Who" list in the hobby, back in the 1970's and 1980's.

The hobby was very new in 1981, and if I were to detail all the various "walk-ins" that we saw (and acquired), it would take 100's
of posts on this thread.
Dan, I am sure you'll recall this one. A guy comes in with a brown bag full of sports cards (1950 - 1959). I looked at them, there
were several 100's of Bowman and Topps BB & FB cards. I gave him and offer and told him to walk around and get the "best offer"
for them. Four hours later, he returned to our table and I bought them.

I kept the BB cards and Dan took the FB cards. Back then FB cards were not selling at equivalent prices with BB cards. Danny
stashed away the FB cards for several years; and, when FB cards began to increase in value, Dan started selling these FB cards.
He did better than I did with the BB cards. He still gloats about this, when he feels in the mood to "rub it in" to me.

TED Z
I remember this well. By the way, Ted, thanks for those football cards (1958 & 60 sets--10 cards short of the 2 complete sets). You're ok!