Thread: Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2001, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Default Hall of Fame

Posted By: john

anyone who has over 500 homers and 3000 hits should be an automatic induction,regardless of how he treated the media....ozzie smith should be in because he is regarded as the best fielding shortstop ever and his hitting stats are very comparable to Luis Aparicio...as far as Dale Murphy,i think his BA is too low,and his amount of great years are low, basically from 82-87,dont forget he was batting in the 220's in his prime years 32-33,and did nothing after that,those arent hall of fame stats to me,i think Dwight Evans and Jim Rice should go in before him(no im not a red sox fan)...i feel Jim Kaat is under rated too for the simple fact that if he won 17 more games he would have been in probabaly 2nd ballot but he relieved in over 250 games in his career,which obviously took away from his win total,how many 300 game winners relieved that many times(ill give you a hint,its 0),plus throw in the 16 gold gloves...Along with Tommy John,and Bert Blyleven too if they had only 12 an 13 more wins respectively,they wouldve been in already,im sure they lost at least that many each from blown saves...my rant for the day,John