View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 08:22 AM
Scott Russell

Default Upcoming Live Auctions, I finally own the joint!

We have two great auctions coming up in January.

First is this Tuesday at the Parsippany PAL in New Jersey, just minutes outside NYC. This is in conjunction with Joe Drelich's show there and is a fun time with a number of decent cards. We have some Net54 regulars at this auction but they're trying to keep it a secret!

We have some great items on Tuesday including a T206 Cy Young, a STUNNING 1957 Topps Drysdale rookie with near perfect centering, a nice selection of T206 and E95 cards, a nice 1975 Topps set, and more. Aution starts at 7:15, preview starts at 5:30 and you're usually out of there right around 8:15 for roughly 100 lots.

You or someone bidding for you must be present to bid, so if you can't attend maybe shout out in this thread and one of our regulars would be willing to place a bid for you.

The BIG NEWS

January 13th is my first auction as owner of Birmingham Auctioneers.

Near Hershey, PA This is a large auction of roughly 400 lots. We have some fantastic items in this auction including the 1912 Notebook cover I have posted on here previously, a stunning 1889 Number 7 Cigar Card. over 100 1939 Play Ball Cards, Stars and rookies galore from the 50's and 60's including a 1952 Bowman Willie Mays, a nice smattering of prewar from T206's to Yuenglings and more. Again we have several Net54 regulars, don't let them scoop you on some amazing cards!

Visit our site for links to images (still getting them up online) and catalogs.

http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com

Will post some images here as well.

I have received great support from a number of members both as consignors and buyers. I hope to see more of you in the coming weeks. Come join us for live-only fun and camaraderie. Hold the cards you are interested in, in your hands before you bid! See who you're bidding against and don't worry about shill bidding! Even though it is technically legal for an owner to bid on their own items we have a company policy against it.

We are also always looking for consignments. One of the biggest differences between us and the bigger houses is we gladly take your $50 items and don't group them! While we love handling items such as the run of 1950's and 60's complete sets that we sold this fall, we aren't only interested in four figure consignments.

Do you have T, E or N commons to move? We'll sell them individually, or in small groupings of 3 or 4 cards. This is a huge advantage when it comes to price realized per card.

Do you have mid grade 50's HOF'ers like Mays, Mantle and Williams? Our buyers love that type of stuff!

Please post any questions (or testimonials if you've done business with us before) to this thread and I will update often as the auctions approach!

Hope to shake your hand some time this January!

Scott Russell
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 12-30-2017 at 08:38 AM.