View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Armstrong is probably the most valuable living person. $750 for a cut with condition issues and up from there. Easily $4000 for a boldly signed white space suit portrait unpersoalized. A generic personalized portrait with some fading is around $2000.

He signed freely for many years but stopped in 1994. The ironic twist is he often used a blue pen that faded badly over the years. So many signed photos have literally self destructed.

The reason he is so valuable is truly global demand. And he crosses over from space to historical to general interest collectors.

I have a few in my collection. I really regret not stocking up back in the 90s when you could get personalized ones for a few hundred bucks.
+1
The "value" for the sports autographs discussed on this thread has been determined by the greed of the player and the promoter who sell the autograph. They determine the value and hope that the public plays along.
The value of Neil Armstrong's autograph is based on global demand of a historic figure in world history. I have been lucky enough to obtain several of his autographs in the past year-year and a half and have always had great sales results including one to a Net54 member.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow