View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 01:12 PM
Rich Klein

Default Kind of Sort of Related

I found out "Ticketstock" is the same weekend as my show. The event is literally within 10 minutes of my show.

If you don't live in DFW -- Ticketstock would not mean much to you but,.

25 years ago Ticketstock actually began as an adjunct to a big local DFW card show before the radio station took off and became wildly successful.

For years the Ticket would bring in players as part of the event and provide autographs,,,, when I was talking to a friend of mine and mentioned that he said a few Cowboys greats would be there but photos with the players are the only items available. From what I remember reading on social media, the autograph situation for the big names was in the easiest term, a big hot mess.

It's easier to avoid the bad publicity by leaving everyone's appearance to photos and not to autographs and announce that in advance. As noted by the OP, if the autograph situation is not organized to a "T" then usually bad results can result.

For example of how to do 99.9 percent of a huge autograph show correctly, just go to any event Tri-Star is running the autograph area is. I would say 100 percent but there is always a chance of a minor slip-up but I guarantee Jeff. Bobby Mandy and the team have pretty much seen it all.

I would say Joe's autograph sessions go as well but I've never been to one of his big shows so I can't verify with my own eyes other than knowing Joe for nearly 35 years and knowing he is real good as what he and his team does.

Regards
Rich