View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Doug Chamberlain

I have to agree on this one. Saw Alice Cooper in Munich in '75 or '76 (Welcome To My Nightmare), more for my date than the concert, at least at the time .
The show was unbelievable...very underated musicians ta boot but the show, props, dancers, etc.... the visual definitely rivaled the audio...unbelievable concert experience that I still haven't forgotten...easily the most entertaining "concert" that I've attended.
Took awhile but Emerson, Lake, and Palmer opened my eyes (or should I say ears) to different styles of music (classical, jazz, etc.) as a teen and over the years have become more appreciative of different styles of music. Rock 'n Roller first and foremost but....
I've come to love bluegrass...drink some brew and stomp yur feet...it's just flat out good time music (Like Grand Funk said...Footstompin' Music).
Not necessarily a favorite but a memorable experience...about 1992 at the "Pickle Barrel" in Killington, Vermont....Johnny Winter...remember it now as very "SRVish".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Writehooks View Post
If I had to pick just one, it's the ultimate showman: Alice Cooper. Since 1971 I've attended 44 of his shows in Canada and the US, and he's never failed to deliver the goods in terms of sheer entertainment. Here's my top 5:

1. Alice Cooper
2. Rush
3. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
4. Warren Zevon
5. Rolling Stones

Last edited by digdugdig; 12-04-2013 at 10:54 PM.