View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 08:13 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Default Finding joy and passion in collecting.

I used to have a pretty extensive collection of cards and other memorabilia that could best be described as all over the place. Baseball, basketball, football mostly. It all ended up in some footlockers and forgotten. Then, I read this article about finding the passion in collecting again, and one thing that popped out was to focus on collecting what you love. I'm a huge Atlanta Braves fan, and I have no favorites in any other sports, so I completely culled my collection, sold it off on eBay, traded it off, or dumped it in the trash, and have focused solely on collecting Braves related cards and memorabilia ever since. I can say, without a doubt, it was the best decision I've ever made. I wouldn't say I have the best Braves collection, the most expensive Braves collection, or the most extensive Braves collection, but what I do have I love every piece of it, and I take joy in looking and admiring what I've collected over the years.

If you find yourself without the spark you used to have, or if you've lost that joy, I recommend collecting what you love. You won't regret it.