View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

This set is a longtime favorite of mine since I've been in the hobby and I suppose I have a bit of a history with it I topped out at around 42 quite a few years ago. Included in that 42 were several HOFers- Waddell, Willis, Flick, Plank and Joss.

About that time I also wrote an article for OldCardboard as well. I believe that was for their 4th issue in the summer of 2005. Had some help and scans donated from several board members at that time too.

After selling off those type 1s, I focused squarely on the 7-card Type 2 subset and had 6 of the 7 at one point before tapping out. Kind of wish I had kept going with those but I believe I wanted a house a little more that year and that Delehanty which was worth 12-15k at that point, was tying up a little too much of my financial resources.

I recently started collecting again and have been trying to snag commons whenever I can. I'm up to about 19 right now. I've won a couple nice ones from the Legendary auction offerings, however the tougher commons seem to be eluding me right now as bidding on those tends to get kind of aggressive. I have a feeling that some of the bigger collectors with far more wealth than I are currently kicking my butt on those.

So I guess my plan is to take the next 30 years (lol) and see where I'm at. I'm only collecting commons and my goal is to get 100 of them to start off with. I'm 37 years old now, so hopefully there's enough time to see this project through...heh!

Here's a nice Freil I picked up recently....

131126a-copy_lg.jpg

Last edited by shammus; 05-18-2014 at 01:59 PM.