View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Seller Credit Card Question

Posted By: john/z28jd

How about this line of thinking.The seller is basically saying

If you bid 200 dollars or more than i accept discover as payment for this item
If the bid is less i dont accept it.

He is not breaking any rules with discover then because he is not offering it as a payment option.That seems pretty cut and dry

If i had an auction that said free card if price goes over 50 bucks,that means im only offering the card if price goes over 50 bucks.You cant say i want the free card because you were willing to give it away anyway why penalize me for not reaching the amount you specifically set forward in your auction rules.

Its his auction,he sets the rules,discover isnt his partner in the auction,they are a form of payment.

Ebay is pretty simple,you bid if you are willing to buy the item you bid on and are willing to accept the sellers rules.If you arent willing to accept them then dont bid and dont run and tell on them.If someone says a check takes 10 business days to clear then i accept it or dont bid but last time i checked they dont take 10 days to clear,i dont go and tell their bank that they are holding my money and product longer than they should.

If i was the guy id take the discover payment,then give you a negative for not following the rules you agreed to,then ban you from my auctions.That way you get what you want at a slight price to your feedback and he wouldnt be bending any rules by doing that