View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 05:46 AM
Troy Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am not saying this critically at all, but other than the competitiveness at the very upper end which I sort of get in terms of ego, I don't really understand the point of registering a set or the concern if the registry is unavailable. I suppose it has some utility in terms of organization but surely that can be accomplished in other ways.

I use the PSA registry to register my sets and have sets ranking from 1st on the registry to 170th so I'm all over the place there. Certainly there's an ego thing and I don't think it's limited to the upper end of the spectrum. In fact, I had a guy competing with me for 15th place or something on one of the sets I used to own.

For me, it's a way to catalogue my collection through a 3rd party in case something bad happens to it as well as seeing what's out there that other like minded collectors have. Additionally, it's been a great tool to share with family and friends as I work to have front/back scans of all the cards I own.

I know you weren't being critical but I figured giving a little color on the why of it may make some sense.