View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 10:30 AM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

I will try and help. Hopefully my understanding is correct so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

SGC does not distinguish factory numbers except Pied 350-460 fact 42 ( I believe).

SGC does separate the series as 1909 for 150, 1910 for 350 and 1911 for 350-460 and 460.

No subjects were printed with both brown and red hindu. So you can determine from SGC pop reports which back it is by knowing if that player was a red or brown only subject.

Decifering other backs can be challenging. I'll use Cy Young as an example. When you look up Cy Young in a 1909 Piedmont 150 listing you'll see a Young listing with no description. And two other listings that are labeled portrait and bare hand. Since we know both the portrait and bare hand were printed in the Piedmont 150 series, it's impossible to know how many are portraits and how many are bare hand in the listing with no label. However, some other backs are easier to assertain. In the Cycle 460 series, Young with glove is the only pose printed. So when you look at the Cycle 460 series in the SGC pop report, you'll know that any Cy Young listed in a generic label will still be a with glove pose.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe in the Cycle 460 series the brown Chicago on shirt was the only brown pose printed. So you can assertain that any brown listed under the 1911 cycle SGC pop report will be that pose.

So knowing which subjects were printed, or not printed, with certain backs can help figure out the SGC pops. But subjects that had different poses within the same series is a challenge.

I sure hope I made sense with my ramblings. I guarantee others could explain it better and more succinct as I'm not the best communicator when it come to writing.

Good luck!

Last edited by DeanH3; 01-27-2017 at 10:33 AM.