View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Default PSA counterfeit cards!!! Beware

Posted By: Double-P-Enterprises

Normally I don't care about other people's problems but this is a major problem for any collector/buyer of vintage graded cards and any seller of graded cards. The T206 Cobb was easy to spot, the Ruth Goudey #53 looks questionable but the others are dead on and the holders are near perfection. I've been burned once on Ebay on a 33 Goudey Ruth and helped Joe Orlando take down a guy who was reholdering fake 52 Mantles in low grades. Both were easy to spot with a clear scan and even easier once you received the card/holder. I cannot fathom that all of the cards were fake and if they are, I am no longer comfortable buying or selling PSA graded cards and no one else should be. I consider myself an expert in this business and many of those I would not think to question.

Joe Orlando and PSA have a major problem on their hands and they need to deep dive into it immediately. The gentleman who purchased the cards may want to ask Mr. Orlando to assist in some of the loss as PSA will often do, especially if you assist them and their legal team to get these off the market.

This is great timing as I just viewed a lot from another seller that strikingly resembles the types of cards in question. The seller also has no history with this type of product. Lots of 80's and 90's Topps don't usually get grouped with $15K worth of the classics (even though I have both). Hate to "out" someone that's actually valid but this person probably got the same "deal" and is simply looking to flip and may not know (I was doing the math and preparing an offer 20 minutes before reading this post - I'll pass)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320205240980&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011