View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Fiasco- please read

Posted By: TBob

Last night I purchased a very difficult tobacco card on ebay from a regional set by offering the seller what I felt was a fair price, especially based on the condition of the card and back writing. No sooner had he ended the auction early, very satisfied with the sum, then he started getting emails telling him that he was going to be thrown off ebay for ending the auction early, that it was a violation of ebay rules and he would be reported to safe harbor. We all know what a crock of horse manure that is, sellers end auctions early all the time. I have benefited from it in the past and been crushed by it before, but I never stooped so low as to threaten a seller who did it. It worked, the card is back on ebay. I sincerely hope no one on this board was involved, but believe me, I'll find out. I also hope he took my advice and added those names to his blocked bidders list, but he probably won't.
As a guy who collects this set as a collector and who doesn't care that much about condition regarding this set, I just wanted to say thanks very much to the a##$%^$s who did this. If you are reading this on the board, shame on you. You know better and you lied to intimidate someone for your own personal gain. I know you'll sleep like a baby tonight but you should be ashamed of yourself.