View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 07:19 AM
David Poses

i've noticed the same. i've taken a lot of beatings on ebay over the past few months, so the only stuff i've been selling are cards i either (a) don't mind taking a huge loss on or (b) don't think the loss is going to be as bad as it could and likely will be.

i can see how a time like this could be tempting for an investor to pick stuff cheap, but i can also see how a time like this could make it tough for someone to risk putting a card they love up for sale knowing that the economy may make it impossible for the hammer price to be as high as it would have been a year or so ago.

for a while it did seem like the caramel cards i need were nowhere to be found, but in the past couple of months, in spite of the complaining i've done about not being able to find anything, i've managed to snag two e98 hippo vaughns, an e94 dougherty and an e97 b/w austin. anytime i start to feel like there's no hope for the e94 kleinow or e97 hemphill i need, i remind myself that a few months ago i never thought i'd snag the dougherty, and i did...