View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Karl Mattson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Actually, Karl, the original lawsuit was against AutographCentral (Bryan Slaven). AutographCentral isn't an auction house.

Bryan Slaven paid Chris Morales as an expert witness. In the end Bryan Slaven issued Mr. Lovert Bassett a full refund and paid Morales a hefty amount to testify on behalf of AutographCentral. That didn't work out too well.
Okay, but my point was that you apparently can successfully sue another party for selling you a forged autograph if you can reasonably prove it's a fake - and I'm guessing it wouldn't matter if the other party advised up front that you buy their autos at your own risk.

So what might happen if an individual or group buys 200 diverse autos from an outfit like Coach's Corner, sues them, refuses a refund but instead seeks some kind of damages, and proves 200 of 200 are fake. Might that open the door to further investigation of the company and its consignors? I'm assuming that once the consignors are divulged, and it turns out there are just 3 or 4 guys providing hundreds of fakes auction after auction, that it might mean game over?