View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 09:53 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjung View Post
I have the honor of having one of Graig's paintings in my home office. Based on my experience, I would advise you to ask Graig for his opinion on size and subject matter early on in the process. If you tell him you'd like a Hank Aaron, he may have dozens of images of him that he can show you.

I'm considering having him do a second painting for me and he has shown me many images of the subject that I didn't even know existed.

During your discussion with him, ask him what size a particular image would need to be in order to do it justice. Just my $0.02, but I think it is better to have his involvement in all stages. He is an amazing artist and his process starts well before the brush hits the canvas.
+1

Graig probably has more killer images in his "some day" dreamer folder than he has lifetime left to paint them in. If you've got some idea of the direction you'd like to go (team, player, era, etc), it's well worth your time to see what he's got already.

Another Mathews worth considering: