View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 03:41 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I used to favor Heritage primarily for the depth and quality of their offerings, but no more simply because their mandate to include Florida sales tax. My understanding is that sales tax should be charged to residents at the point of sale, in this case Texas. I live in Palm Beach and Heritage claims since they have an office here I am subject to the tax. I have tried to find evidence of this office, is it a fully functioning branch or a PO box, but to no avail, and I have to wonder if they actually sent my sales tax dollars, paid in previous auctions, to Tallahassee or simply pocketed it. At any rate, I no longer deal with them, favoring my consignments these days to Love of the Game
John, there are a lot of reasons to dislike certain auction houses, but you really can't be angry with Heritage for doing what they are required to do by law. I would be extremely surprised if they were pocketing the tax money due to the ramifications if they were ever caught. You also need to keep in mind that Heritage does a lot more than just sports cards and even if one of their offices specializes in something else, it still affects the taxes for the whole company. For your info, here is a link to info on their FL office I got in 30 seconds of searching google. Florida Office.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers