View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 08:47 AM
George E.

Ted, I don't think you are doing yourself, or your theory, any favors by the way you engage others here.

When Pat said, "With the existing 31 x 23 1/2 Obak sheet and the 18 card E91A strip (approximately 27 inches) I think it would be fair to consider with production estimates of 200-370 million that T206's were printed on sheets at least as large as these." he is making a reasonable statement. Your response to him, though couched in logical terms, was illogical (and ironic considering your criticism of his statement about comparing different printers is the same kind of statement you made when you started this thread).

And continually re-posting your factor of 12 math and your photoshop pictures doesn't advance the discussion at all. We ALL understand the 12 commonality. It is insulting to keep banging that same drum as if that proves something. It doesn't prove anything. It is a reasonable theory that fits some evident patterns, but 12 has always been a significant number from grouping, going back to Genesis 35. There can be any number of reasons why the 12 commonality exists having nothing to do with the printing process. Perhaps the printing process is the driver about the numbers, but perhaps it isn't.

Your pattern may work, and it may end up being the actual pattern. But it may not. We don't know. And to act like the discussion is over because you found a good pattern does damage to your credibility as a reasonable thinker. And ridiculing other people's perfectly reasonable speculations makes you sound like you are more interested in your own reputation than you are interested in the truth.

I like the 12 theory. But your treatment of others and your lack of respect for the discussion are pushing me to a place of hoping that the sheet layout is eventually proved to be anything but that. Maybe you don't care, but if you want people to congratulate you if your theory gets vindicated some day, you may want to ease up on the combative way you defend and promote your theory. We all know your theory, and we all know the amount of work you put into it. Let it stand on its own merits.