Thread: 369 retractions
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 07:47 AM
Dave

Yup, Ebay desperately likes to keep up the illusion that all bids are good bids. They will come down way harder on a seller revealing a bidder (bad or good), then they will a bidder serial retracting, not paying, canceling, damaging and returning, renting and returning, outright stealing, etc., etc.....

They file it under the privacy rights umbrella.

I once got a stern warning, a deletion of my posts and a threatened suspension from Ebay for revealing part of a conversation on an Ebay Powerseller Forum with a bidder who ran up one of my items, then claimed he bid erroneously and accused ME of running up the item, and then offered to buy the item from me at 25% of the final bid price, because he was such a good guy.

I didn't even reveal the guys ID. Just a part of the e-mail conversation, and the pinks slapped me down, saying it was against Ebay policy to reveal private communication with a buyer (even though he never actually paid for a damn thing).

I won't reveal an ID on a public forum either anymore, but I will to anybody who private messages me, if I think it's appropriate.