View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I recently acquired this RDP (Real Digital Photo) and autograph.

I need help with both the identification of the stadium and authenticity of the Kershaw auto.

The stadium looks like Dodger Stadium, but the presence of Jackie Robinson bothers me, as he retired when the Dodgers were still in Brooklyn and never played in Chavez Ravine. Of course there was advertising on the outfield walls at Ebbets Field as there is in this photo. I seem to remember though that Dodger Stadium had no advertising on the outfield walls back in the eighties. I am posting here because I have no expertise in the evaluation of Jackie's ear in this photo. Could this be an imposter? Please help.

The Kershaw auto is readily identified by the printed text, but both the ball and the auto just don't seem right. The texture of the ball is too smooth and it seems somewhat inflated. I have also never seen a Sharpie large enough to render an autograph that size, and if one exists could Kershaw wield it. I'm going with no good on the auto.

(Expecting to hear from Ullman in minutes that this thread is posted in the wrong section.)
Frank,

I believe that is a lady of asian decent packing one of Kershaw's balls