View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:25 PM

Default Thanks Much

photo PICT9272_zpsd2661608.jpg

Thanks all for the kind words…Yeah when I went to that show I really didn’t plan to spend as much as I did on it so your collective zeal helps take away the sting…See above I repositioned it to the back in the line-up so as to keep that pipe safer…less chance of it getting bumped….plus added a few more golf things in the fray…that “Par” after shave powder tin is the best condition tin I have, mint…and which goes with the Par shaving lotion sign….picked up that tin at a cowboy antique show five years ago…see link below, 8th post down.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=111801&page=3

Chris, I’m not really sure what the market value is…I shot the dealer an offer I figured I was safe at…and so what’s he go and do…reluctantly takes my offer!...But I knew it was a tough piece and I’d always wanted one…It’s one of those flashy pieces I used to see in the antiques journals but never owned…

1880, No charge for the excursions…my pleasure…glad you enjoy…Stay tuned for my 2013 National 8-Day Post-Con cross country road trip story…I’m getting close to finishing it…wait till you see John Gennantonio’s collection…phew!...it’ll be at the end and guaranteed to blow some socks off…

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 04-29-2014 at 02:45 PM.