Thread: Bvg thoughts???
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Depends on what you're fed up with PSA about. Just inconsistency in grading? Why do you want the cards slabbed instead of just raw? Are you willing to pay $13 a card and wait for more months than PSA to get them into an inferior (market price) grader's slab?
Why not have BCCG grade them for a few bucks a card to "confirm" they're not trimmed? Why not just leave them raw?
As much as I do like the BVG grading I don't care for the BCCG product as it is too confusing. They actually do a decent job too, for what they do. But to have another grading scale is and always will be a problem, imo. That said I think they do very well with it at the mass merchants, so as a company, it is probably a good move. I don't think they market their vintage grading very well and that is one reason their cards don't bring the money. They have a stigma from an old policy concerning some sheet cut cards. Not sure about that situation today. All in my most humble opinion, others will differ. (To be transparent they have advertised here before.)

Last edited by Leon; 09-11-2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: transparency